Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sweet Creek & Heceta Head

Last Saturday's episode in the continuing adventures of "Clay and Cindy Explore Oregon" was a trip to Sweet Creek (near Mapleton) and then Heceta Head Lighthouse. We have been to both places before so this was not a new adventure, but we had a terrific time nevertheless. The weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful.

Sweet Creek is a pleasant little hike along a nice creek with a larger waterfall at the top and then multiple smaller falls as you head down the creek.

Here is Clay standing in the middle of the creek, "playing" with his GPS (I'm not sure why, because I'm pretty sure we weren't "lost" in the middle of the creek!)



We were not tempted to imitate this tricky stunt:


This pool of water (below) didn't look big enough to me, but he kept jumping over and over, so I guess he knew what he was doing?


After hiking Sweet Creek, we headed towards Heceta Head Lighthouse, arriving just after 5:00 p.m. (We were only at Sweet Creek for a couple of hours at the most, as we got a really late start from home due to Danica having a "sleepover" and we all stayed up too late Friday night).

It was a beautiful day at the coast -- not too hot, not too windy, not too cloudy -- just perfect. We walked up to the lighthouse first. Clay was saying "Go into the light, Cindy" as he was taking this picture. I told him I wasn't ready for the hereafter yet.

I asked Clay not to just "stand there" when I was taking his picture, so he waved. Looks a little fake to me.
Some pictures of the beautiful Oregon coast:


We parked so the back of the truck faced the ocean -- then got comfortable, watched the sunset, and listened to the sound of the ocean waves. It was very relaxing!




3 comments:

Taylor said...

I am so glad you guys started a blog! Now you need to convince Melissa to start one too. How are you guys?

destiny said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about this! It's so good to "see" you guys! Guess who will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks? WE WILL! The Duck are playing the Utah State Aggies, both of John's fav teams. So we thought it was a good reason to go back to Oregon!

p.s. my blog is private, but I am going to send you an invite.

Anonymous said...

Good post.