Sunday, June 28, 2015

Artistic Endeavors and More Anna

I started temping for a large law firm (Hutchinson Cox) around the last week of February.  I was hired to fill in for someone going on vacation the first two weeks of March. After that person returned, I was asked to keep temping to help the other legal assistants get caught up on their work. And week after week they kept asking me to keep working, which I was happy to do because I really liked it there and was getting well paid.  Finally, around the third week in April, I was offered a "real job" beginning May 1st. That was actually in the middle of Staff Appreciation Week there at the office -- which they really do well.  We got flowers, gift certificates, chair massages, and a painting party at a place called "Vino and Vango" (i.e. like Van Gogh). You bring your own treats, including adult beverages if desired (which is the "vino" part), and they walk you through doing a painting. It's with acrylics because they dry fast. And everybody has to do the same painting, which you choose ahead of time.  I hadn't participated in the selection process because I wasn't a real employee at the time, and I wouldn't have picked the one we ended up doing, but it was fun anyway.

I hadn't ever painted before, so I was kinda nervous.
 
Everybody seemed to be having fun.
 
It's amazing what a variety of results we get when
we're all doing the same steps.

When I brought it home, Clay said something like:
"Wow, that turned out better than I expected!"
(which is kind of a combined compliment and insult, I think). ;-)
 
 
Here are a few more pictures of Anna.
 
She likes a ball just her size.
 
Playing keep-away from Grandpa.
 
Sitting in a rocking chair that was mine when I was a little girl,
wearing a shirt that was Melissa's when she was a toddler.
 
 
.


No comments: