Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More Randomness

My blogging seems to be getting pulled in different directions, just like my life -- I keep starting projects then getting sidetracked with something else, and nothing ever gets done.

So here are a few completely random photos.

First, it is a well known fact that I'm not a "crafty" person, never have been and never will be. Apparently the solution is to stick to projects suited for a 5-year-old. Melissa and Danica invited me over to make pine cone turkeys, and we had a fun time (see Melissa's blog for more details). I'm kinda proud of how my turkey family turned out.



Danica has fun making elaborate houses for the Littlest Pet Shop animals (please note that these are Grandma's toys, not Danica's) LOL



I like the fact that Google occasionally honors special events, birthdays and anniversaries with a modification of their logo. Since Cookie Monster has always been one of my favorites, I was excited to see this cute one for Sesame Street's anniversary.



We have a very good, very easy chili recipe made from tomatoes, tomato sauce and 4 different kinds of beans. After rinsing out the cans to be recycled, I decided to stack them up for fun, and called it the "Leaning Tower of Chili" i.e. from Leaning Tower of Pisa ("Pizza") to Leaning Tower of Chili -- yeah, I know it's a "stretch" but that's how my brain works.



Lastly, in honor of the Thanksgiving feast, I offer for your consideration "HOW PUMPKIN PIES ARE MADE". I got this in an email from my friend Cathy. I thought it was funny, but some may disagree.

Note that the book he is reading is "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into Texas."

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: